CHRISTMAS VIEWPOINT (6) FROM MAGI – by Tanis Harms, © 2011
CHRISTMAS VIEWPOINT (6) FROM MAGI – by Tanis Harms, © 2011
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com
(Can be part 1 of a 6 part series. See Christmas Skit menu. Or find all of them within a drama: “The Christmas Story”.)
STYLE:
Drama. (3 pages)
PREMISE:
The magi have a discussion after meeting the baby Jesus.
TOPIC:
Christ’s birth, joy and worship.
SCRIPTURE:
Matthew 2:7-12.
CHARACTERS (LINE COUNT) DESCRIPTION:
(8) MAGI 1 –
(7) MAGI 2 -
SCRIPT: outside in a town somewhere.
(Magi 1 & 2 enter and talk amongst each other. They are still in awe from seeing Jesus.)
MAGI 1:
I have seen the King of kings. I have beheld His glory.
MAGI 2:
We traveled very far, and it was worth every single day of our long hard journey.
MAGI 1:
Amen.
MAGI 2:
And we could have brought ALL our treasures and given it to the Christ-child, and it still would not have been enough.
MAGI 1:
Amen-amen. I see how this Child has changed the hearts of men already.
(Magi 2 becomes very contemplative.)
MAGI 2:
This Child is very great, and I believe He will do something very important which will change the entire world in some way.
MAGI 1:
Yes! And sadly, many will not appreciate this.
MAGI 2:
That is why we must return home by another way.
MAGI 1:
We were to report back to king Herod.
MAGI 2:
I had a dream last night. God warned me in this dream not to return to Herod. I believe that man means to harm this Child. I am sure Herod sees this Child as a huge threat to his kingdom.
MAGI 1:
I fear this Child’s life will meet with an untimely death.
MAGI 2:
Perhaps, but if so, there will be purpose. The mystery of Jesus’s birth will most likely be revealed at His death.
MAGI 1:
Why do you say that?
MAGI 2:
I have seen scriptures of old – God’s words written down by the prophet Isaiah – saying,
(reciting)
“Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for OUR transgressions, He was crushed for OUR iniquities; The chastening for OUR well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging - we are healed.”
(speaking plainly)
So I fully believe that He will conquer death in order to offer new life to all people. It is just not His time to do this yet.
MAGI 1:
I believe this, as well. If this were not so, God would not have warned you in a dream to return home another way.
(Nodding in agreement, Magi 1 & 2 exit.)
.....use in address bar: churchskits.blogspot.com
(Can be part 1 of a 6 part series. See Christmas Skit menu. Or find all of them within a drama: “The Christmas Story”.)
STYLE:
Drama. (3 pages)
PREMISE:
The magi have a discussion after meeting the baby Jesus.
TOPIC:
Christ’s birth, joy and worship.
SCRIPTURE:
Matthew 2:7-12.
CHARACTERS (LINE COUNT) DESCRIPTION:
(8) MAGI 1 –
(7) MAGI 2 -
SCRIPT: outside in a town somewhere.
(Magi 1 & 2 enter and talk amongst each other. They are still in awe from seeing Jesus.)
MAGI 1:
I have seen the King of kings. I have beheld His glory.
MAGI 2:
We traveled very far, and it was worth every single day of our long hard journey.
MAGI 1:
Amen.
MAGI 2:
And we could have brought ALL our treasures and given it to the Christ-child, and it still would not have been enough.
MAGI 1:
Amen-amen. I see how this Child has changed the hearts of men already.
(Magi 2 becomes very contemplative.)
MAGI 2:
This Child is very great, and I believe He will do something very important which will change the entire world in some way.
MAGI 1:
Yes! And sadly, many will not appreciate this.
MAGI 2:
That is why we must return home by another way.
MAGI 1:
We were to report back to king Herod.
MAGI 2:
I had a dream last night. God warned me in this dream not to return to Herod. I believe that man means to harm this Child. I am sure Herod sees this Child as a huge threat to his kingdom.
MAGI 1:
I fear this Child’s life will meet with an untimely death.
MAGI 2:
Perhaps, but if so, there will be purpose. The mystery of Jesus’s birth will most likely be revealed at His death.
MAGI 1:
Why do you say that?
MAGI 2:
I have seen scriptures of old – God’s words written down by the prophet Isaiah – saying,
(reciting)
“Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for OUR transgressions, He was crushed for OUR iniquities; The chastening for OUR well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging - we are healed.”
(speaking plainly)
So I fully believe that He will conquer death in order to offer new life to all people. It is just not His time to do this yet.
MAGI 1:
I believe this, as well. If this were not so, God would not have warned you in a dream to return home another way.
(Nodding in agreement, Magi 1 & 2 exit.)
Comments
Post a Comment